Simple but Spicy Stir Fry
I’m not the best of cooks. In fact, I’m not even sure putting food into an oven really equates to being a cook but anyways.. I try my best! Recently my new two favourite things are egg noodles and prawns- I’m obsessed.
So I’ve thrown together a few (about a hundred) bowls of a spicy prawn stir fry which has minimal ingredients and also tastes just amazing. My taste buds drool over the thought of it and my mind relaxes at the ease of it. Therefore, this is my kind of recipe! If you’re a fan of a spicy noodle based bowl of goodness then have a look below and try it out for yourself.
Ingredients: (for one)
- Half a bowl of prawns (I use peeled and cooked prawns)
- Two green chillies (only use one if you’re not a big fan of spice)
- Egg noodles (fresh are best but sharwoods are just as lush and cheaper)
- Garlic (I’m obsessed with lazy garlic- what a genius invention)
- Soy sauce (in my case, I use a lot!)
- Begin boiling a pan of water if you need to boil the noodles. Otherwise chill for 5 mins if you have fresh egg noodles.
- Once boiled, add the noodles, add a pinch of salt and let them boil.
- Cut the chilli and add this along with the garlic to a well oiled hot pan and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the prawns to the pan and begin to fry until well cooked.
- Once the noodles have cooked through, drain them and then throw them in to the other pan and begin mixing it all together.
- Let the noodles heat up until very hot and then add the soy sauce. Depending on how much you like soy sauce, a few tablespoons will be fine for some but otherwise, a good few dashes of it will cover the full noodles.
- Serve within a bowl and enjoy the simple spice.
See how nice and easy that was? Even laughable to some! I bet uni students look at this and laugh at it. Sometimes however I think simplicity is key and why add a billion flavours to something and then not be able to fully enjoy them when eating.
Hope you enjoy this tasty meal!
All scribbled out x